Before buying a tent you must understand what you are buying and for what purpose. The choice of tents on the market today is very large, so without preliminary educational program will not do. In this article we examine the types of tents according to different criteria.
The most significant point initially is to determine - purpose tents, E. the conditions in which it will be used. Identify the following types of tents in use:
- Tracking (plain). Simple small tents are designed for light trips and overnight stays along the trails, in the woods and on the plains. Not very resistant to strong rain and wind.
- Forwarding. Similar to plain, but with high wind and moisture resistance. Quite versatile in its class: suitable for cross-country trips and mountain hikes a low complexity.
- Assault (mountain). These tents can be used in all conditions, but most often they take on a difficult mountain hikes. Good assault tent will withstand any weather conditions. Assault tent light, moderately roomy, quickly going. Price, sometimes, bite.
- Camping. This is the tent for lovers of caravanning or multi-day stops in one place (at least 3-4 days). Because of their capacity and often take them for recreation at nature. As a rule, camping tents are very comfortable: with high ceilings, large lobbies with lots of Windows and good ventilation. But there are some obvious downsides: high price, heavy weight and low heating (due to the large volume).
- Special. Here we have included special tents with custom requirements or designs: fishing and military tents, tents for winter hikes, for children andp.
In General terms, the design of the tent is a frame with tensioned it by the awning. But there are nuances, for example, the shape of the tent. Form is important not only decorative, but also from a purely practical point of view. Kinds of tourist tents by the form:
- Hemisphere. This is the most popular form of tents, because of its versatility. Hemispherical tents are ideal for simple outings and challenging hikes, they are easy to install and sustainable. The basis of the frame are typically the two intersecting arcs.
- Flip. Very comfortable and roomy shape, but there is a minus - reduced resistance. Arc of such tents are set up parallel to each other and do not intersect, therefore, to improve the stability requires additional spacers.
- "The coffin". A favorite form for tourists-individuals. Has good stability, compact and lightweight. Arc of such tents are placed parallel to each other, but cross each other and cross tie back with awning.
- Tent. Tent tents known since ancient times. Their big advantage is the lack of framework and large capacity. The supporting element serves as the only Central stand, from which the land descends tent. The tent is a favorite form of expeditionists.
- Pitched tent ("house"). This is a classic style of Soviet tents. Main advantages - compact size, light weight and low cost. But there are unfortunate downsides: the complexity of installation, low wind resistance, high requirements on the installation site. Still this kind of tents are popular among lovers of forest hikes and paddlers.
- Other. The above described the most common forms, but there are others. Custom design is most frequently demanded in extreme conditions, where necessary special requirements for wind resistance, landscape compatibility, etcp.
The number of layers
- Two-layer tent. This view is in the first place because of the high prevalence and level of comfort. The first layer (outer) is a tent. The tent should be waterproof and durable, this protective shell that covers the inner part. The second layer - the inner tent is made of lightweight breathable material. The inner layer is necessary to ensure that the tent will not collect the condensate and could not breathe. Porous fabric removes the air with moisture, which settles on the tent and drip down, bypassing the inner tent. Often in the tent and there are ventilation Windows.
- Single layer tent. This travel tent is advantage in weight, compact and easy to install. But there is a big drawback - the issue of ventilation. It is difficult to make a single layer was simultaneously waterproof and breathable. Cheap one-layer tents usually have poor ventilation, the morning can easily Wake up in a wet sleeping bag. Modern manufacturers are constantly looking for new solutions to this problem - thought-out ventilation system or a special membrane fabric. Immediately the question arises and breathable wind, K. the better "breathing" fabric, the more it is blown. Overall, a good single layer tents are quite expensive and are used mostly in extreme Hiking.
For seasons of use
- Summer tents. Used in summer in good weather conditions. Tent design for years of operation does not provide for its use in storm winds and storms. Main advantages - good ventilation, compactness and low price.
- Trancezone tents. Will provide excellent protection even in a downpour and chilly weather. Designed for spring, summer and autumn.
- All-season tents. This type of tent is designed for any weather, including cold and storm. You can use all year round. The main differences is highly resistant to water, resistance to wind, presence of snow skirt.