and materials published in different countries, by different manufacturers, are labeled completely differently. Moreover, You will find two businesses that would be designated fabric in the same way. A mess is observed in the figures that describe properties such as water resistance, breathability of membrane materials, strength, weight. This is due to the use of data obtained through various tests conducted under different conditions. To provide exact data on many companies "forget" or consider it superfluous - this is often dictated by competition.
When choosing should pay attention to the designation of the awning. Here's what can be found in various descriptions:
- Rip Stop Nylon 190T
- 210Т Rip Stop Nylon 3000
- 185Т Polyester Taffeta PU/Si
- 210Т Rip Stop Nylon PU
- 70D Polyester Ripstop W/R
- 75D Polyester Ripstop PU/ SI
- Nylon Taffeta 70D 210T PU
- 75D Nylon Taffeta W/R
- Poly Taffeta 75D PU
let's Deal with those codes in order. The description can contain information about the following properties of the tissue:
- the Density (strength). There are different ways of marking fabric density: Thread Count is the total number of threads per square inch in the longitudinal and transverse directions (for example: 210Т means 210 thread count). The higher the number, the denser the fabric Den (So) - the thickness of the threads involved in weaving (for example: 75D)
- the Chemical composition of the filaments: Polyester, Poly - polyester Nylon - nylon (polyamide)
- weaves fabric (for example: Rip Stop, Taffeta - fabric with weaving, where after a certain number of threads woven more thick thread. In this case, the fabric is more tear-resistant with a slight increase in weight) Tactel filet - type of special threads (it happens: Nylon 66, Dupon Nylon 66, Tactel filet ande); usually, a proper name
- Kind of treatment tissue (for example: PU 3000): - polyurethane coating (typically applied on the inner part of the tissue) 3000 - a measure of fabric water resistance in millimeters of water column (up to 1500mm fabric cannot be considered waterproof, when the rain it will begin to leak; 3000mm and more - the fabric of the awning will withstand almost any weather conditions) PU/SI polyurethane plus silicone that can be applied to the inner or outer side of the fabric W/R - water-repellent coating on top of the fabric
Example of a complete description of the material of the tent: 70D/75D Nylon Taffeta 210T 3000 W/R a fabric made of a special polyamide thread with the type of weave Taffeta thickness 70D 75D in longitudinal and in transverse directions, the density 210T, with PU coating, which keeps 3000mm water column. Fabric has water repellent upper treatment.
Brief comments to all parts of the tent:
the Awning is made of lightweight and durable synthetic fabrics with a waterproof coating. Most modern tents are double — layered: outer tent protects from rain, and the space between it and the inner tent serves to drain the condensate inevitably formed during respiration. When choosing a tent make sure the tent is not in contact with the inner cloth. Omission of this moment threatened unpleasant consequences — in this place the moisture will get.
- the thickness of the yarn is responsible for the strength. Thicker threads give more strength to the fabric.
- the density of the weave (Thread Count) - not less important parameter. Loose fabric - off angle, and greatly extends, as a rule, is not durable
- Polyester more resistant to UV radiation than Nylon, which is very important for tents. In addition, the fabric from fibers of Nylon stretches when wet and shrinks when drying (soE. you need to re-tension the tent from Nylon with changes in humidity and temperature)
- water-Resistant (resistance - measured in mm water column), a very important indicator. The awning fabric with 3000mm indicator will withstand almost any rain.
- PU Impregnation polyurethane coating is applied on the inner side of the awning. On the "right" factories it is applied so that it does not crumble, does not crack and served long.
- Silicon processing is usually applied to the top or bottom layer of material (can be applied on top and impregnation of PU, but in this case it is not possible to glue the seams)
- the Majority of companies that produce tents that are now using fabric with silicone applied from the outside. This impregnation is very durable and functional: silicone prevents moisture from accumulating in the fibers of the fabric. When this silicone coating significantly increases the strength tissue in the gap If you are using a Rip Stop weave, this fabric will be more durable with only a slight increase in weight
- Please note the sizing seams. They should be taped with special termrental. If You will talk about special properties of the fabric, in which holes from the needle are pulled together tightly around the thread and do not miss the water, I can assure You - after a short period of operation the fabric will stretch and under strong rain will leak like a sieve
it is Important that the specified in the characteristics the value of the water resistance was true (very many firms it is not). 3000mm water resistance is achieved by a double application of polyurethane coating, 5000 mm - with triple coating and so on. It is clear that each application is additional weight and price.
the question is: a need for such a high resistance, if under water to put not going? Here's the thing. Water droplet with a certain weight falling from a great height, has a kinetic energy and when it hit the awning can simply "punch" the material with low resistance. The second reason is the material will eventually wear out and over time begins to flow. Accordingly, the more the water resistance of the tent, the longer it will serve Your tent
If the awning tent is designed to protect You from rain, then in the inner tent You will have to live. Like a favorite room, internal should be comfortable (extra pockets, durable stitches, great residential lot).
Pay attention to color of the inner tent: it needs to be bright, to match the color of your awning. Otherwise, the morning will seem bleak. Light passing through two obstacles, can change the complexion of the inhabitants of the tents until unrecognizable. Not very nice every morning to see the blue or green face of a neighbor.
Fabric, made of the inner tent, must have the following properties:
- to Be lightweight and durable (preferably netting Rip Stop), K. the inner tent takes on a significant load during operation
- Have good "breathing" properties, but to hold the wind
- it is Desirable that the inner tent had a water repellent treatment W/R. Such impregnation will save You from drops of condensate, which under certain weather conditions occur on the inside of the tent. Drops roll without penetrating the residential volume. Processing W/R does not affect the "breathing" properties of the inner tent
- For inner tent is better suited Nylon. It is softer and stronger at the break than polyester.
- Resistance to UV radiation for internal not important
the bottom of the tent
- the material of the bottom can be made of fabric or structural polyethylene (bags of "Shuttle" in which they carry their goods). Polyethylene, typically used in cheaper tents; the fabric is in good
- the Fabric on the bottom should be more waterproof than a tent. 5000 - 10000mm enough so that water does not penetrate inside the tent under extreme pressure. On the fabric floor pressure bodies of sleeping tourists. This pressure can lead to wet tissue. (Floor fabric is waterproof 3000mm can withstand the pressure of the body; 5000 mm - pressure foot; 10000mm - pressure elbow)
- Check, whether the welded seams of the tent bottom; especially pay attention to the corner seams. To glue them correctly is not easy, many companies skimp on this operation. Even if the fabric is quite water resistant, water may penetrate through the holes from sewing needles. In a good tent you can sleep in a puddle.
an Important component of the tents of the arcs. Quality depends on the material from which made the frame.
the Arc of the tents are made of fiberglass and epoxy resins (designated as such in the descriptions as fiberglass or fiberglass) or aluminum alloys of varying quality.
Aluminum frames are more durable. The alloy is selected so that after removal of the load does not remain deformed. A properly selected metal even after 5 years of intensive work does not take the form of an arc: tubes remain absolutely straight and elastic.
There is a simple test: collected empty tent should be lifted above the ground for one arch — form of this should be maintained. This is an important indicator of the strength and elasticity of the frame.
the Most common are the following types: 7075, 7001 from AMG (aluminum-magnesium alloy) Korean production, they are used in high-quality tents; 7178, 6061 - require anodizing; Russian stamp B95 and D16T not compete and are gradually replaced with other alloys. In addition to the alloy serious firm pointed to its "hardness". The designation 7075-T9 and 7075-T6 differ in that in the first case we use a more durable alloy: the arc of this alloy is used most well-known tent company.
Fiberglass a heavier and less durable (service life 2-5 years), but has a number of advantages: the absence of residual deformation, high strength and elasticity, low price. Fiberglass is heavier than aluminum alloys is about 1.5 times. In addition, he does not tolerate large temperature changes and can not be repaired. If such arc is broken, you need to look for a new one. Rails can be repaired in field conditions.
Junction of the arcs there are also different. The inside sleeve of smaller diameter can be attached to arc by punching small dots or glue. Sometimes the articulation of the arcs is carried out by raspaltsovkoy. Minimum backlash and maximum rigidity of the connections at arcs with glued adapter.
But the most important thing in tents, it's the little things! Imagine your has spread at the seams at night in heavy rain. Or pegs pulled out and the tent blew into the abyss. Or you died from the bites of insects. So:
- the Threads must be stronger than the fabric, does not rot and does not deteriorate under the action of sunlight
- Eyelets shall be brass and not iron (this place in the tent is always damp)
- Lightning - extremely reliable (trust the Japanese brand YKK)
- Mosquito net with small cells
- Power plastic fittings - reliable (trust or Nexus)
- Straps - lightweight and durable. They should pass easily through the adjusting buckle
- the Cords for storm delays - the durable and thin, and seen at night and during the day
- Pegs light and strong, not bendable. It is desirable that they are not cranks in the soil, E. would not a round profile
- the seams on the tent and the bottom should be properly sealed (taped). This can be done only on expensive equipment, correct selection of temperature, pressure and speed of sizing.