About the material
Fleece (eng. Fleece is sheepskin, one of the brands Polar Fleece) is a synthetic knitted fabric of polyester for the manufacture of warm clothes. Invented in 1979. Specialist, they are the same developers who received for his invention of the Nobel prize in chemistry. Initially, this material was called Polarfleece.
The fleece takes in the modern world increasingly popular. Despite its relative youth, the material quickly found its fans and is widely used and the production of clothing and textiles for the home.
Fleece material make caps, sweaters, jackets, typically sporting or tourist. Sweater or fleece jacket is often a secondary element of the "three-layer" garments used by fans of mountain climbing, extreme sports (the first layer is thermal underwear, the third is the jacket of "breathable" fabric with a membrane). Fleece jackets and hoodies are worn as a separate garment.
Varieties of this fabric a lot. They differ both in density and in appearance. The first index can vary from 100 to 600 g/m2.
May be the same in appearance on both sides or different pile height and "fluffiness".
Fleece is a large group of fabrics that are manufactured as follows: by machine on a sufficiently solid woven base imposed knots, then another car breaks, and it turns out the lint attached to the base. Often confuse the concepts of "fleece" Polartec and. Polartec is just the brand that produces fleece. That is, the fleece of high quality from the company called Malden Mills Polartec. Between the NAP (which, actually, made of fleece) retained layer of air, which is excellent in isolation. In addition, unlike natural fabrics (such as cotton) fleece good does not accumulate moisture, and ventilation overheating and output condensate. This is one of the main reasons due to which "fleece" (sweater fleece) to wear in the cold - good fleece means warmth, dryness and comfort. But notice: the fleece will work so only on the condition that it you're wearing underwear and not your favorite cotton t-shirt, which, for all its glory, unfortunately, not wicks moisture and immediately becomes wet.
First from polyethylene terephthalate fibers made of dense knitted fabric that has been exposed to damp and heat treatment. The next step should be the immediate establishment of fleece fabric. For this the fabric passes through the apparatus, which is equipped with rollers with plenty of hooks. They pull the strands of fibers on the surface without disturbing the integrity of the canvas. The result is a fleece of polyester fibers with lots of air-filled pores.
Then the fabric passes protivopolojnuu processing. This prevents the spool when using the products. The last step is the processing of fleece with special solutions. They give the fabric special properties such as water repellent or antibacterial coating.
Raw materials used for the production of fleece, fully synthetic fiber, both virgin and recycled (plastic bottles, foil). Natural analogue for the fleece no. In some units of this type replaced the wool, but their attributes are quite unique and not identical to wool.
Fleece widely used for the manufacture of sports and children's clothing (sweatshirts, overalls, pants), underwear and hooking, accessories (mittens, hats, socks), as insulation for outerwear (jackets, pants, hats) and home textiles (bathrobes, blankets, bedspreads).
The basic properties of the fleece:
- hypoallergenic. The material is allergen and therefore perfect for the production of baby products (blankets, clothes, toys);
- the antibacterial. – unfavorable environment for the breeding of dust mites, fungi, mold and other microorganisms. In the jobsite mole;
- breathability. Fabric structure with many air pockets allows the skin to breathe;
- thermoregulation. The ability to maintain a comfortable body temperature – the products can neither freeze nor sweat;
- elasticity. fleece does not hinder movement, but fits well and retains its shape, does not shrink and does not stretch;
- durability. At observance of rules of care can last a long time without losing its properties;
- low specific weight – the material is very light, almost weightless;
- wicks moisture well. The blade does not absorb body perspiration, and leadeth them out;
- has insulating properties even in wet condition. This means that even if the fleece is wet, it continues to retain heat;
- not susceptible to biological degradation;
- dries very quickly (fleece blanket after washing in the washing machine dries within two hours);
- low cost. Due to the fact that the inventors chose not to patent his invention, and cheapness of the raw material is quite affordable fabric;
- increased tactile comfort. Incredibly soft, gentle and pleasant to the touch material. It does not feel "scriptcast" and "slipperiness" inherent in the usually synthetic materials, it does not cause irritation on the skin;
- extremely easy to care for. Easy to wash, requires no Ironing, dries quickly.
- flammable, if not goes appropriate treatment (the most part of modern sweats — pass);
- susceptible to electrification;
- incorporates a dust;
- inexpensive options quickly run down on the surface of the pellets appear, and the product loses its properties, performance characteristics will be deteriorated.
All of these shortcomings manufacturers most successfully neutralized by processing special refractory, antipillingovomu and antistatic compositions. Despite the fact that all fabrics are of synthetic origin and are manufactured from one type of raw material used in the production of various technologies and materials have different characteristics.
Due to these properties, fleece clothing and blankets made of polar fleece have become popular in children's everyday life.
this material is widely spread and actively used in the game of airsoft.
Description of fabric types
Differ according to several criteria.
On specific gravity:
- microfleece – thin fabric weighing less than 100 g/m2. It usually sew lingerie, fine hooking, home clothes;
- low-density polarflex a bit denser micro (100 g/m2), is used for thermal underwear, leggings, slim sweatshirts;
- sredneplotnyh is the most popular form of density 200 g/m2, used in the production of children's clothing, hats, scarves, mittens, socks;
- dense (300 g/m2), the thickness is used to very warm clothes, as well as to manufacture home textile;
- superdense polarflex (400-600 gr/m2) is used for the production of special (e.g. travel) clothing and gear.
Processing webs of different formulations designed to improve performance. Can be bilateral and unilateral ways of processing societyusa with each other.
Properties of high quality polar fleece:
- Long life (retains its insulating properties for a long time).
- Thanks to a special coating antibilingual the pile is not sinking into the hated pilling even after repeated washings.
- does not wrinkle easily, has a nice structure to the touch.
- Soft Shell. Structure: top - durable fabric that does not absorb moisture and is resistant to wear; the middle layer of the membrane; the bottom is fleece. In some cases, the fabric membrane may be absent, as in fleece fabrics it is not the main component. Narodowosci is achieved due to the special tight weave.
- Windbloc (protection from wind). Structure: the top layer is treated fleece fabric (antipilling, DWR), the middle layer of the membrane (membrane is sometimes used foam), base layer fuzzy fleece, which collects moisture and removes it from the body.
Remembrance the sweats
- Rememberany Soft Shell is essentially "sandwich", glued two tissue types. Upper provides abrasion resistance and tear, but one that is closer to the body, warms and draws fumes through quick absorption.
- Polartec Thermal Pro is warm, lightweight, water repellent fabric, consists of two layers. The outer surface, abrasion resistant, protects from wind and moderate rain and the soft fleecy inner layer provides maximum thermal insulation. While moisture vapors from the body easily brought outside. Thermal Pro polyester is very durable and dries quickly. Unlike many of the fabrics fleecy material keeps its insulating properties and does not "roll down" after repeated washings.
- Polartec Wind Pro material with a more dense structure than Thermal Pro high performance protection from the wind.
- Polartec 200 and is similar in quality fleece from other manufacturers - soft and almost weightless material. It has excellent insulating properties. Unlike natural fabrics, it does not accumulate, removes the excess moisture from the body. For thermal properties per gram of material twice the Polartec 200 fleece and more than three-fold - cotton.
Compare fleece with other fabrics synthetic origin
Feature of the material
|Feature of the material||Fleece||Dacron||Polycotton||Microfiber|
|Ease of care||+||+||+||+|
Fleece requires gentle care. It can (and should!) to wash - by hand or in the washing machine. If the arms and hands, regular soap and warm water at a temperature not exceeding 40 degrees. If in the car, at the same temperature using mode "gentle wash for synthetic fabrics". fleece will last longer if washed with special gentle detergents, and then rinsed in a solution, possesses strong water-repellent properties (for example, Nikwax Polar Proof). Fleece not iron and tumble dry or on the battery. Hang on rope or hanger - clothes will dry and will retain a decent appearance.
- allowed hand and machine wash (for delicate fabrics) in cool water (not above 40 degrees);
- on sale there are special means for washing of products from the fleece but this fabric is undemanding – you can use any liquid Laundry detergent and even normal soap, but the powder should not be used;
- do not dry on the battery, do not twist the product – just hang and let the water drain – dries very quickly;
- do not iron. At a temperature of 60 degrees fibers are melted and irreversibly lose their quality.
How to wear a fleece? The right is considered "cabbage" dress. First layer: underwear (special form-fitting sweatshirts and pants type "sweatpants") + (not normal wool). The second layer - fleece, third - camo, preferably a membrane. The most common membrane in the gear - gortex depending on the weather the set can vary. The point is that all technologies output of sweat only work together, and if under membrane coat you will wear a sweater and your favorite t-shirt, the sense of the membrane will not.